Namaste!

Welcome to my blogger page! I hope you enjoy it!!!! Please leave comments and I'll return the favor!! :)

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Curtain Moved: An expressive piece that demonstrates use of interior monologue

The half drawn curtain moved slowly...OK first of all who would only draw half a curtain anyway? Unless I'm not analyzing this situation clearly...half drawn curtain. Huh. Come on now? Was the artist too lazy to draw the rest of the curtain? Even I would have drawn the whole thing, I mean it's not like drawing the Eiffel tower or anything...Why am I pondering this situation anyway? Why is this problem bugging me SO much? WHY can't anybody ever finish what they start, like simply finishing a drawing, at least a drawing of a curtain! Why am I asking so many questions about the simplicity of a half drawn curtain that moved slowly..OK hold on a second. I totally missed the part where it moved. OK. I did take this situation way out of context. Ahh. You meant drawn like opened. Why didn't you just say that instead? You know, there are some people in the world who take the meaning of things out of context (like i just did) and then the whole world gets screwed up because they thought you meant what you didn't mean and suddenly you have a riff-raft of which you were trying  SO hard to prevent. Or am i just rambling on causing you a subtle discomfort? Subtle. Ha. I like that word. What the heck does that mean anyway? I bet you 20 bucks  used it the wrong way. Again. See what I mean? Words and I just don't go together much like water and oil. What are those kinds of words called? Homophones..something, is that it? Homophones, they sound the same but mean different things? Am i at least close? I know it starts with an H but..ah forget it. Hey i just realized something, I like this assignment. Pouring out my thoughts like some half driven honors student. Gosh. Half driven. Here we go again with the almost perfect, unfinished idea.  Omg, this is going nowhere. Half drawn curtains and almost ambitious teenagers, something has to come from this.  It has to come together in the end like you said with poems, with whats-his-name....Santiago? I bet you that's his last name too, and i bet you that that was an awesome guess for my rambling mind. See, this is what goes on inside my head. Questions, analyzations (my sister said that wasn't a word but whatever), stupid ideas that just keep running on and on..who cares? I'm not entirely sure if i was supposed to put a question mark at the end of that sentence but again..who cares? It's beautiful outside. The sun finally shining after yesterday..ugh being sick sucks. I was thinking of making this a paper story like paper characters that someone drew acting out our world. My world as of yesterday. Yes. I decided it was mine after all the pain i went through, throwing up and cramps! Worst combo ever. God (sorry using HIS name in vain) sometimes i just hate being a girl. I wish (when those days come) we were paper characters and it would be SO simple to just take a pencil and simply erase the pain. Doesn't that sound lovely? Imagine life was that simple as being able to take an eraser and erase all the bad out of your life, or hit the easy button like on that staples commercial. But then how would we learn if there were no problems in life. That makes me sad. There is no love if there is no hate. There is no good if there is no bad. There is no success if there is no failure. Success. Ahh. That word makes my heart pound. I want to be successful. I need to be successful. I want to be a chef, not one that cooks in a  fancy restaurant or anything but one on stage like Rachel Ray. I wanna be on stage in front of millions and let them taste my food. But at the same time i want to be lazy....oh so lazy. Have the luxury  of doing nothing.  How nice but how upsetting. Like a half drawn curtain. Or an almost ambitious teenager. It's getting there, that curtain, slowly moving, eventually opening. I'll take the liberty of finishing that drawing (take that sentence in any way you wish i promise it'll mean the same thing) and let the world see what a finished, opened curtain looks like. I guess I'll stop here now. I wonder if I was successful?

1 comment:

  1. I loved it. The flow of the mind- the topic you start, the places you go--the eraser for pain and the circle back to the window. This is a woman with fluency and it so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete