Namaste!

Welcome to my blogger page! I hope you enjoy it!!!! Please leave comments and I'll return the favor!! :)

Saturday, February 5, 2011

To Bunny...

Poor Bunny
Poor innocent,beautiful Bunny.
How cruel the world is to you.    
You didn't see those dogs coming
Mutts so large and so fierce...
Even I would be as afraid 
As you are

Look at their faces;
Grim,evil smiles
Like this is a sport that
They were about to win.
One they too often enjoy.

Your heart pounds as you try
To run, Bunny,
Not knowing when alas
It will be your final
Moments when their jaws
Close up around you.

Then they'll bite harder,
Expecting you to
Cry out,
Only anticipating when you do.

They have no care as to where
You were headed
Or whether you had a
Family or not.

They don't think because they don't care.

After you, they won't stop

I'm so sorry poor Bunny.
Poor innocent, beautiful Bunny
How cruel the world is
To you.

2 comments:

  1. This is so touching. I wanted to cry when you read it out loud in class it really just puts sex trafficking in a story that everyone can understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ambiguity of Bunny-- animal or human-- makes this work very powerfully. The tone is sympathetic, but also alarming. We are watching something unfold, something we would rather not have to witness or know about. This poem makes me feel shame.

    ReplyDelete